Have you ever dreamed about a journey far beyond the known regions of the universe? Hibernated 1: This Place is Death is a Science-Fiction text adventure for C64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga, Atari ST and DOS. It is the first interactive story in an epic trilogy centered around Olivia Lund, who has been sent on an interplanetary exploration mission by the Terran Alliance. After being in hypersleep for more than 200 years and with more than 800 light-years being travelled, her ship, the Polaris-7, crosses paths with a gigantic alien vessel and is captured by a tractor beam. Olivia soon finds out that this may not be her only problem. There is no communication and there are no signs of life. The extraterrestrial spacecraft just continues to drift through the cosmic void, something it seems to be doing for thousands of years now. This is a tomb in-between the stars, which Olivia has to enter to extricate herself from this interstellar trap. Io, the navigation robot of the Polaris-7, is probably her only friend now. Far away from home and surrounded by death and decay, she found the answer to one of the greatest questions of mankind. Are we alone? The answer is: yes, out here, we are more alone than ever.
- The critically acclaimed text-adventure debut from Pond Software, acknowledged by Zzap!64 and Crash with outstanding scores.
- An interactive novella following the paths of the legendary Infocom and Level 9 games, inspired by Isaac Asimov and Perry Rhodan.
- The rebirth of the most profound game genre of the eighties but with a lot of modern era thoughtfulness.
- An eerie atmosphere, captivating room descriptions and a pinch of black humor.
- Challenging riddles that spur your imagination but never turn into frustration. The focus is on experiencing a story.
- "Eight Feet Under", a full-featured standalone addon to "Hibernated 1", is included.
Minimum system requirements: Amiga with 512 kB and floppy disk drive
|Shipping weight:||0,40 Kg|
|Product weight:||0,25 Kg|
|Dimensions ( length × width × height ):||23,00 × 17,00 × 3,80 cm|